NM Insurance Pty Ltd and The Warranty Group Australasia Pty Ltd are committed to protecting Your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). In this section dealing with Privacy, “We”, “Our” and “Us” refers to both NM Insurance Pty Ltd and The Warranty Group Australasia Pty Ltd.
Further information about our Privacy Policies is available at:
- For NM Insurance Pty Ltd http://www.nautilusinsurance.com.au/privacy-statement/ or by contacting NMI at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 8920 1157 ; and
- The Warranty Group Australasia Pty Ltd at www.thewarrantygroup.com/privacylegal or by contacting TWG at [email address] or on [Tel number]
This Privacy Statement outlines why, how we collect, disclose and handle Your personal information (including sensitive information) as de ned in the Act about:
- You, if an individual; and
- other individuals you provide information about.
Why We collect Your personal information
We collect Your personal information (including sensitive information) so We can:
- underwrite and administer Your insurance cover;
- advise You about and determine what other service or products We can
- provide to You, or;
- that may interest You;
- identify You and conduct necessary checks;
- issue, manage and administer services and products provided to You or others, including processing requests for quotes, applications for insurance, underwriting and pricing policies, issuing You with a policy, managing claims, claims investigation, handling and settlement;
- maintain and improve Our services and products;
- make special offers or offer other services and products provided by Us or those We have an association with, that might be of interest to You.
If You choose not to provide Us with the information We have requested, We may not be able to provide You with Our services or products or properly manage and administer services and products provided to You or others.
How We collect Your personal information
Collection can take place by telephone, email, or in writing and through websites (from data You input directly or through cookies and other web analytic tools).
We collect it directly from You or Your agent.
There may, however, be occasions where We collect Your personal information from someone else.
This may include:
- our authorised representatives;
- other Insurers;
- our legal or other advisors;
- anyone You have authorised to deal with Us on Your behalf;
- our distributors or referrers, agents or related companies;
- service providers;
- another party involved in a claim including parties who assist Us in investigating or processing claims;
- third parties who may be arranging insurance cover for a group that You are a part of;
- providers of marketing lists and industry databases;
- publically available sources;
- third parties claiming under Your Policy;
- witnesses and medical practitioners; and
- family members;
If You provide Us with personal information about another person You must only do so with their consent and agree to make them aware of:
- this privacy notice;
- that You will, or may, provide their information to Us and third parties We may provide it to;
- the relevant purposes We and any of such third parties will use it for; and
- how such persons can access their personal information.
If it is sensitive information We rely on You to have obtained such other persons consent on these matters. If You have not done so, or will not do so, You must tell Us before You provide their relevant personal information.
More information, access, correction or complaints
Our Privacy Policies contains information about how you may access and seek correction of personal information we hold about You. In summary, you may gain access to your personal information by submitting a written request to Us.
In some circumstances permitted under the Privacy Act 1988, we may not permit access to Your personal information. Circumstances where access may be denied include where it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, or where it would be unlawful.
For NM Insurance Pty Ltd http://www.nautilusinsurance.com.au/privacy-statement/ or by contacting NMI at email@example.com or on (02) 8920 1157 ; and
The Warranty Group Australasia Pty Ltd at www.thewarrantygroup.com/privacylegal or by contacting TWG at [email address] or on [Tel number]
Our Privacy Policies also contains information about how you may complain about a breach of the applicable privacy principles and how we will deal with such a complaint.
Your application includes a consent that you and any other individuals you provide information about consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in this notice.
Contact Us and opting out
If You wish to withdraw Your consent, including for things such as receiving information on products and offers by Us or persons We have an association with, please contact Us.
By phone: (02) 8920 1157
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing: Level 7, 99 Walker Street, North Sydney NSW 2060